Costin Manolache wrote:

I consider 4.1.x can recieve bug fixes and minor feature additions
(example: the JNDI realm new feature which just got added,
optimisations, etc ...), similar to HTTPd 2.0. This is consistent with
the patches I and others have been applying, the release process we've
been following, and so on.

+1

If there is enough interest and committers that need that feature -
I see no problem with that.
Do you actually mean that a new feature will only be added if there is enough committers that need the feature? Does this apply only to 4.1.x?

Since I'm not aware of the TC 5.0 requirements regarding the JDK and such I might be wrong here but...

My guess is that many users will not be able to switch to TC 5.0 when it is released since their applications might have to be modified and in many cases also be unable to switch since their application might not be tested with the required JDK.

If so wouldn't it be better if new features could be implemented into TC 4.x?