Pier Fumagalli wrote:

On 9/12/02 17:14 "Jeanfrancois Arcand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Youy don't need to learn JSP/Admin Tool if you don't use it. The actual
Tomcat installation doesn't require you to learn the Admin Tool or JSP....

As I said 6 or so months ago... That "thing" is a security hole as big as

Can you give me an example of a security hole? I would be interested to fix those holes....

the Empire State Building... As most of the stuff that make up "tomcat"...
We have some bugs in JSR-154, few in Jasper, few in JSSI, few in CGI... All
together it makes a ****load of em...

Yes, you are right (think about Windoses). Is the reason to have an only 154 distribution is security? That a very different story...

If someone can come up with a Servlet-only distribution, at least I won't
get holes from all the other (totally useless) components...

True. But if Jasper/AdminTool/etc. are secure, then that doesn't that no a good reason IMO.

-- Jeanfrancois

Pier (a _user_ now)