Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

>> If Sun or anyone else wants to release a JSR154-only product - they
>> can do it and we should make it easy to do so.
>> I don't think we should do it ( as tomcat community ).
>
> Why? So far, you haven't even given a real reason.

That may be because every reason you don't like is not "real".
So far you qualified as invalid every reason that everyone mentioned.

> You are so funny! How quickly you seem to change your mind. Go back and

I have a feeling almost everyone "changed his mind" in some issues
in the last 2 years. You seem to be one exception, and I don't know
if this is a good thing :-)

>> Is Apache http having n different releases with all the possible
>> combinations of modules ( to give users choice ) ? They include all the
>> modules in the httpd repository ( some disabled by default ).
>
> They don't distribute PHP.
>
> So, why should we distribute JSP?

PHP is not developed by the httpd community. ( but php.apache.org ).
Jasper is developed by the tomcat community - same mailing list,
same avail list.

Anyway - as long as Bill is supporting the no-jasper release,
I won't change my vote to -1 ( but keep it -0). I haven't contributed that
much to jasper - and it's up to jasper people to decide what they
feel ( by voting +1 or -1 ).