Costin Manolache wrote:
Hans Bergsten wrote:

evaluation all in one place. To make things even easier, these tag
handlers can _not_ be reused at all. Benchmarks with modern JVMs show
that the gain from reuse is not worth all the trouble. So, for new
tags we recommend using the SimpleTag API which takes care of the
problem by forbidding reuse.

Wow. I would be _very_ curious to see those benchmarks and the "modern"
JVM that was used.
All my tests ( including JDK1.4, IBM vms, GCJ ) show that reusing is well
worth the trouble - at least if you have 100s of requests per second
( it is not worht the trouble for very low loads ). But I'm happy to
hear that I'm wrong.
I'll try to find the figures we looked at and post them, or run a new
benchmark against TC 4.1 with and without tag handler pooling enabled.
But it may take some time, because right now I'm busy with other stuff.
If you disagree with the decision, you may want to send your feedback
to the EG: [EMAIL PROTECTED] JSP 2.0 is still just PFD.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gefion Software                       <http://www.gefionsoftware.com/>