Steve Appling wrote:

The following patch combines the 3 packets that were generated for each
chunk into just one packet.  There are more optimizations elsewhere - I'll
keep looking.

Patch of org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedOutputFilter from 4.1.27
src.

After testing and benching, implementing buffering at the lower layer is much better, as it avoids introducing complexity in all the levels of processing, and is more powerful. The performance impact of the new behavior is minimal (using a worst case scenario of a static file, the difference is about 2-3%).
I believe the updated implementation will meet your needs.

What's the most optimal packet size overall, BTW ? 1500 ?

Remy