At 10:03 PM 12/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>The decision on whether to change the Realm interface, or
>move the header processing to AuthenticatorBase is still open.

So soon after such a major release it seems foolhardy to bring this up, but Phillipe's
post seems to have opened a can of worms....

Are there any plans to do anything about JSR-115?  As it's part of the J2EE 1.4 spec,
I would think that for a compliant appserver to embed Tomcat (any others besides
JBoss??), Tomcat would need to comply.  I bring this up because if there is
consideration of API changes to deal w/ the Servlet 2.4 authorization handling, it
might be a good time to look into it.  I'd be happy to help in such an effort if there
is any interest.

Brian Stansberry
WAN Concepts, Inc.
www.wanconcepts.com