Brian Stansberry wrote:
At 10:03 PM 12/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:

The decision on whether to change the Realm interface, or move the
header processing to AuthenticatorBase is still open.

So soon after such a major release it seems foolhardy to bring this up, but Phillipe's post seems to have opened a can of worms....

Are there any plans to do anything about JSR-115?  As it's part of
the J2EE 1.4 spec, I would think that for a compliant appserver to
embed Tomcat (any others besides JBoss??), Tomcat would need to
comply.  I bring this up because if there is consideration of API
changes to deal w/ the Servlet 2.4 authorization handling, it might
be a good time to look into it.  I'd be happy to help in such an
effort if there is any interest.

I'll be looking into this. I don't know yet if the web related parts belong more to the appserver (JBoss), or more to the servlet container.

Rémy