Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
Mmm, ok. I'm not quite following very well, since I didn't read the spec yet ;-) If I understand, you would implement something which would work as the JSR 115 security policy provider, but (likely :) ) simpler ?

Yes, as a first steps. It will also works without a security manager (Costin was asking for that if I remember correctly). It is a required steps to supports jsr115 anyway.

Good :)

Would it be equivalent performance wise to the current solution if JSR 115 support is disabled ?

Yes, it could be if ByteChunk/MessageByte etc. are used ( can be slower also, probably the first implementation will be slower ). One way to do that will be to create our own Permission collections that re-use what we already have. I still have to think of it...I would like to do something similar to what you have done with the Mapper ( avoiding String etc.)

Depending on what you're trying to match and if you can have multiple matches, String.regionMatcher (currently used) works good, since it uses the internal char array of the two String objects. It's the same as using a CharChunk, obviously.

Very good plan overall.

Now the big question: do we plan to have that JSR 115 support for the next stable release, or is it too early to have it done ?

Rémy