Tom Anderson wrote:
I'm just a list lurker (so my opinion doesn't "count") but I'm really happy to see these fixes. I have had to override JDBCStore and PersistentManagerBase at my site to make similar fixes so that things work acceptably (yes, I submitted patches but they weren't accepted). Having these fixes in would allow me to upgrade to 4.1.x and get rid of my old overridden classes.

The optimization part of the patch is useful. The session expiration fixes ae risky and change the API of some rather visible objects. The patch does not seem to cause any regressions, but obviously, there has been tons of examples where it looked to be the case, and problems occurred.

So overall, I think the patch is too risky for that branch. But however, since I don't use it anymore, my opinion is not worth much.

Rémy