Costin Manolache wrote:

Can you experiment with WebappClassLoader instead :-) ? SCL is only used
in standalone mode and only for loading internal classes. And removing it will improve class loading time by itself - one less layer of if() and indirections.

( I'm experimenting with class loading too, and it's easier to do it in one loader )

What I'm trying to do is allow some modules ( connectors, auth, etc ) to be deployed and loaded/unloaded/upgraded at runtime.

That's not at all what I've planned (something really simple, not at all adding features or new capabilities). UCL works indeed better than SCL, so I removed it.

I'm moving to the next item in my list (I think package renaming and repackaging of the dependencies: commons-dbcp and Ant).

Rémy