Costin Manolache wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

BTW, does the spec says that the form login page is excluded from filters ??

That's undefined, as it's some kind of internal dispatching of the container. It seemed reasonable trying to do it with a RD forward.

Well, if I have a filter on /* and / ( and I added for *.jsp, *.do and anything I could think of ) - I tought it'll be invoked for all requests in that context. Even if it is forwarded.

Well, no. different invocation is a separate mapping (INCLUDE, FORWARD, etc; and no, there's no ALL mapping ;) ).

I don't really see what it changes for production servers: if something as heavy as the admin webapp starts up, it's going to kill the server performance. I agree delaying webapp startup would give a better impression of performance, but it would be actually bad for a number of configurations.

True. The lazy loading should be paired with automatic unloading/sleep of apps not used recently - again, based on config. In most servers I know, a small number of webapps are used most of the time, and the most webapps are almost never used, or just for very short time. Well - that's just an idea, I don't have an immediate itch for this one. I am impressed with Eclipse plugin architecture - and the way they manage the memory.

Ah ok.
Well, we could try to be progressivly adding these new features to the new branch, since I assume it would stay as stable-but-with-significant-feature-additions for some time.

Rémy