Remy Maucherat wrote:
Costin Manolache wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

BTW, does the spec says that the form login page is excluded from filters ??

That's undefined, as it's some kind of internal dispatching of the container. It seemed reasonable trying to do it with a RD forward.

Well, if I have a filter on /* and / ( and I added for *.jsp, *.do and anything I could think of ) - I tought it'll be invoked for all requests in that context. Even if it is forwarded.

Well, no. different invocation is a separate mapping (INCLUDE, FORWARD, etc; and no, there's no ALL mapping ;) ).

Feel free to redirect me to tomcat-user :-), but is there any way to filter the form login page, or is it un-filtrable ?

If it is included/forwarded/etc - it should be included from somewhere, and a filter would apply there. From what I see in the code, the form login happens before the filters - so I'm starting to understand why it doesn't work, but from a spec point a view, it looks like a small bug.