[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

We need to use Apache to load balance a set of Tomcat servers.

However, we need to use a custom load-balancing algorithm, based on the
usage of those servers.

Is this possible with mod_jk?  Would it be easy to extend it?  Any other
suggestions?

Yes, it's possible, but I doubt it has any practical usage. Since you are using load balancer, then usage is proportional to it's balance factors.

If you ment to balance on CPU usage of remote backends,
then that'll be hard or even impossible due to AJP13
protocol limitations. That's why we are trying to make
a AJP14 protocol.

Regards,
Mladen.