/resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi does not map to /cgi-bin/*

I'm guessing "resporta" is the name of your webapp?
Where did you place the script? As I read it, you need to put it in /ROOT/WEB-INF/cgi (I could be wrong).

HTH,

Jon

Wilson, Allen wrote:

Okay....

I did all that....

1 - Uncommented the lines for the <servlet> container
2 - Uncommented the lines for the <servlet-mapping>
3 - renamed the servlets-cgi.renametojar file to servlets-cgi.jar

Here are those listings:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>clientInputTimeout</param-name>
<param-value>100</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>debug</param-name>
<param-value>6</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
<param-value>WEB-INF/cgi-bin</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>

When I places a cgi script out there to just show a statement, I get the
following error....

HTTP Status 404 - /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi

--------

type Status report

message /resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi

description The requested resource (/resporta/cgi-bin/animal.cgi) is not
available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18