I have the j2ee.jar file in the classpath...should that not provide the
current jdk.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Curwen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 6:12 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Configuring and using cgi scripts in Tomcat

In the stack trace, root cause, you'll find:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
  java.lang.Runtime: method
exec(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/File;)Ljava/lang/Proc
ess; not found

So something (org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIRunner.run) is
trying to find a method called:

  java.langRuntime.exec(String, String[] File)

But cannot find it. There is such a method, but only since JDK 1.3 So..
are you running at least 1.3?

This message may contain proprietary or confidential company information.
Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.