Thanks. Out of curiosity, what sort of RAM allocations would you typically do on a
production UNIX machine?  Obviously I don't want to use up all of my memory, but this
and mySQL are my only two production apps.
'
Thanks.
Neal

James Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
neal cabage wrote:

>I'm currently having a problem wherein Tomcat crashes about once per week and gives
>the error Java.error.OutOfMemory but I can't see any diagnostics by which to
>establish any patterns. I also can't find this information on the Apache site, after
>having looked for 1/2 hour.

If you use top (on unix) or the taskmanager, on windows, you can see
how large it gets. Most likely you will just need to add a java option
to catalina.sh

try
JAVA_OPTS=-mx512m if you want it to grow to 512megs in size.