Clearly, my eyes aren't as sharp when I'm half-awake.

Here's the culprit:

: REJECT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0          reject-with
: icmp-host-prohibited

That's the tail end of the chain, so any rules appended to that chain
(like the Tomcat rule I showed you) will never be reached.

Rerun the "iptables --list" command, but use the switch to show rule
numbers.  You can then run the other iptables command I showed you, but
use *insert* instead of *append*.  Be sure to insert above that last
reject rule.

See the iptables docs/manpage for more info, commandline switches, etc.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com