Hm,

Sorry that this is kinda straying into log4j territory now. Adding the following to my
web application log4j.properties

log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=debug, R

starts to yield _some_ logging, e.g

2004-08-12 15:23:34,283 - DEBUG (org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:653) -
Force random number initialization completed
2004-08-12 15:23:34,283 - DEBUG (org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:653) -
Force random number initialization completed
2004-08-12 15:23:34,283 - DEBUG (org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:359) -
Start: Loading persisted sessions
2004-08-12 15:23:34,283 - DEBUG (org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager:359) -
Start: Loading persisted sessions

Although why there is 2 of everything I have no idea.

What I am really interested in is the logging from
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.load so I can see what class is being loaded when
ThreadDeath occurs. I'm going to try and look at this problem if I can but this is my
first ever look at Tomcat source so I am hopeful but not optimistic ;)

I tried adding a log4j.properties and log4j jar to commons/lib as the FAQ suggests to
get TC logging but no new log is created and no logging of the load package happens
(boo).

Do TC developers not have the logging switched on when developing?

Allistair Crossley
New Media Group, QAS Ltd