Hi,

>Although why there is 2 of everything I have no idea.

Additivity, you need to set it to false for org.apache.catalina.

>Do TC developers not have the logging switched on when developing?

Some do, sometimes, is the only possible answer.  I don't know how
everyone else develops ;)  I bet people add logging statements so
certain parts of the code they're working on as need be, and then they
sometimes take those statements out after they're done.  That's what I
frequently do anyways.  It's always a judgement call where and how to
add logging statements.

Yoav Shapira