Please forgive me,  I dont even understand a lot of these responses,   Im a
mainframe Cobol coder here,   not a Java person,  but Im using a Converter
that converts Cobol to Java.... Anyways,  I am pretty sure it has to be
Tomcat doing this,  because my Application ran just fine,   using MySQL,
and JDBC driver in a Web Server called OmniCron  in CGI format.....
The only thing different now is,  Im trying to run SERVLETS using
Apache/Tomcat.....  At the Start of  each Servlet I do  a connect to
database
CONNECT TO 'jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/Imagescan'

DRIVER 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'

Then do my processing and then do a DISCONNECT ALL......

It just does not make sense I can connect ONE TIME only when running a
Servlet and have to back out of app,  STOP,  START,  and go back in,   to
get another one time connection.....    the 08002, connection name in use,
to me,   points to Tomcat ......

But as I said,  Im just a baby in diapers to this world......  I believe its
something in one of the .xml files,   but I have no idea.....

As for Connection Pooling,    is that for a system taking large numbers of
hits on it?????  Right now, Im just one guy trying to make one connection
work.....

Thank you for being patient.....

Mike

" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>