: Please forgive me, I dont even understand a lot of these responses, Im a
: mainframe Cobol coder here, not a Java person, but Im using a Converter
: that converts Cobol to Java....

LOL.... that's the proof that someone still writes on COBOL..... seriously, using "Converters" or interpreters is a risky business when you're trying to implement something so tightly tied to a language like JSP or Servlets, factor that magnifies when you're writing mission critical apps (as i can guess from you writing on cobol, you're trying to develop some financial app). Search Amazon or O'Reilly for java books, they have lots and most of them can help you... also, tutorials at http://java.sun.com may help you....

--
John Villar
Gerente de Proyectos