> From: Jorge Davila [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat + Apache Web Server
>
> Are you suggesting that we can drop apache and only use
> tomcat in some cases?

Certainly.  Think of the overhead being _added_ by passing a request
through httpd just to get to Tomcat.  If the vast majority of the
requests are for static content and only very few for dynamic, then
using httpd in front of Tomcat makes sense; but if a significant
fraction of the requests are targeting JSPs or servlets, then standalone
Tomcat 5.5 may well result in better overall response time.
Front-ending a set of Tomcats with Apache httpd for load-balancing or
redundancy is also a highly appropriate (and relatively inexpensive)
approach.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.