Good points.

1) Google now has Usenet reading and posting.  Anyone with port 80 and a
GUI browser can read / post to Usenet.

2) So, Gary, are you going to read the FAQ about creating a newsgroup and
hold the vote?  All you have to do is post a RFD, wait, post a CFV, wait,
count the votes and then (assuming it's approved), get one of the
newsadmins to start the group.

It's all there in news.anwers

Will

--
  "If Al Gore invented the Internet, then I invented spellcheck!"
      Dan Quayle, quoted at the National Press Club, 8/3/1999