From: Sean M Alderman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Using JkMount with mod_jk question...

Thanks for the clarification John and Milt, I appreciate it.  I am kind
of curious though about the configuration of index.jsp on the apache
side of things....

If I use a JkMount /*.jsp ajp13 directive will any jsp file in the
Apache DocumentRoot be handled by Tomcat?  Or does this just mean that
any jsp file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps will be handled by tomcat?  I'm
assuming that JkMount / ajp13 means that / is relative to
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps, but I've found that I actually have to specify the
subdirectories under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps in order to have access to
them.

I guess my general confusion here is that it seems like the JkMount
directive allows one to "overlay" parts/pieces of the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory over top of the Apache DocumentRoot.
Kind of analogous to creating a directory structure on a filesystem
(e.g. /home) then mounting a new filesystem as /home and being able to
see files from both at the same time (of course that's not the way it
work). That's what it sounds like JkMount does.