On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I think.
>
> The configurations I have have been working since tomcat 3.1.  They
> work on tomcat 4 with mod_jk.  I see no reason to change them,
> especially considering the amount of time I wasted trying to get
> mod_webapp to work, and the amount of posts to this list from people
> having problems when changing their configuration to something new.
>
> The JkMount directives may be redundant, I'm not worried about it.
> They work.

OK, that all makes sense.  FWIW, I installed tomcat 4.0.3 and
mod_webapp on a Solaris machine recently, and it took me only about a
half-hour's worth of work.  It was very simple and straightforward.

So you might ask why I don't just go with mod_webapp now.  A couple of
reasons.  First, the above was for a test/development environment, so
I just wanted to get it going quickly, I didn't care so much about
which connector I used.  Now I need to install it in a production
environment, so I want to use the "best" connector.  Second, this is
for AIX, and the tomcat site doesn't have AIX binaries for the
connectors.  It does have binaries for Solaris (both mod_webapp and
mod_jk, IIRC).

Regarding the possibly redundant JkMount directives, it would be nice
to understand exactly what is going on with them, because there may be
performance and/or security considerations.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]