From: Veniamin Fichin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Jänner 2003 11:53
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java: is not bound
in this Context

Thanks for your reply!
See below...

Roberts, Eric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try this:
>
> First define your DataSource resource e.g.
> <Resource name="jdbc/esljsp" auth="Container" scope="Shareable"
>type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>
> and add the necessary <ResourceParams name="jdbc/esljsp">
> and the parameters.
> then define your Realm using:
>
> dataSourceName="jdbc/esljsp"

    I already have these lines in config.xml:

--= [ server.xml ] =--
      <Resource name="jdbc/esljsp"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                auth="Container"
                scope="Shareable"
                description="Database resource for esljsp project" />
      <ResourceParams name="jdbc/esljsp">
<!-- various parameters not shown here -->
      </ResourceParams>
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
             dataSourceName="java:/comp/env/jdbc/esljsp"
             debug="5"
             userTable="T_USERS"
             userNameCol="NAME"
             userCredCol="PASSWORD"
             userRolesTable="T_USERROLES"
             roleNameCol="ROLENAME" />
--= [ / server.xml ] =--

    If I haven't them there, I wouldn't be able to connect to database
in my servlets, getting DataSource through JNDI. But servlets work just
fine.
    And exception is thrown while Tomcat starts up, telling me that
"java:" name is not found, so this must not be configuration problem.

> HTH
>
> Eric