From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 3:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: connection pooling

Howdy,

>Thanks, but do you know what is abandoned connection?  As I understand
it,
>abandoned connection is the one that has not been used in some time but
it
>still could be a live connection.  I need to go through all the
connections
>in the pool and check if every connection is a valid, live connection
and
>not whether it has been used recently.  Does Tomcat allow me to do
that?
>And how do I retrieve all the used connections to check every one of
them?

You don't need to do this manually: set a validation query for your pool
and DBCP will validate all your connections for you.

Tomcat is not a connection pooling product by itself.  It simply allows
you to use JNDI to configure other connection pooling products, like
DBCP or Oracle's connection pooling implementation.  Each of those
products have their own features and documentation you will need to
consult.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.