ADVICE: Please be as COMPLETE as you can. Saying "didn't work" does not encourage anyone to help you. I've been following this thread, and I know I can't help you with the information you've provided.

If you want help, I suggest you:

1. describe your directory structure
2. post your web.xml
3. describe where your servlet is located in the directory structure
4. describe the URL you use to get your form
5. describe the URL you would like to use for your ACTION parameter in your form
6. describe the exact error messages you are getting, don't say "didn't work"...Tomcat tells you more than that, you'll help us help you if you tell us what Tomcat is telling you.

All of the above is just advice, you can take it or leave it, though I would bet that if you take it you will get your problem solved quickly.

John

Lenandlar Singh wrote:

Im really struggling here.
Cant get the stuff to work.
Tried the mapping but didnt work.

"Bodycombe, Andrew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Try adding the following to your web.xml

ShowParameters
ShowParameters

ShowParameters
/ShowParameters

NOTE: The tags must appear before your tags

Your servlet is now mapped to the /ShowParameters URI, so your action
attribute is correct.
This is the preferred way to map your servlets.

Alternatively, if you uncomment this part of your web.xml:

invoker /servlet/*

Then you have already mapped /servlet/* to the invoker servlet, so you can then set your action to "/servlet/ShowParameters". However, it opens a security hole if you use this second approach.