Hi All,
I recently joined the list althought I have been using tomsrtbt
for three months or so. Great tool ¡¡¡
Normally I use the standard version but now I need to make some
customized mods. because I got an Adaptec AHA-1480 pcmcia scsi.
I would like to learn how to build a "apa1480_cs.o" module for
kernel 2.0.39 (but because the fix for RH7 it reads kernel
version 102.0.39) I am trying to build a kernel 2.0.39 that
it will show version 102.0.39.
I've found this message at the archive list and I have a couple of
doubts that maybe someone could clarify to me.
> > More seriously, I suggest you document this, and (if possible) encode
> > the real kernel version somewhere.
> I'll see if it works as version 90002.0.39 or 999.2.0.39 or something else
> that will give some inherent visual clue as to what the version really is.
> PS, if anyone else cares how to do this, it is slightly tricky since many
> things care at compile-time what the version is. The way I got it to work:
> 1) Edit Makefile to have the higher version, start the make, then save off
> the resulting version.h file in include/linux.
> 2) Edit the Makefile back to the real version, start the make, save off
> this resulting version.h file also.
> 3) Edit the makefile, *comment out the logic that initializes version.h*.
I can understand the steps 1 and 2 but not this step 3.
I can see clearly what is "the logic that initializes version.h*".
There are several references in Makefile to version.h.
?:-(
> 4) Manually combine them into a file with the linux version code from the
> correct version and the uts release from the fake one:
> #define UTS_RELEASE "9.9.99"
> #define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 131111
I wonder that when it reads "combine them into a file ..." here it is
all about include/linux/version.h files.
I am sorry about the questions that probably are clear for a English
native speaker.
0:-)
Best regards,
Javi, _____ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| http://www.europa3.com/users/fjherna/
\_________(_)_________/ http://www.valux.org/
____________!___!___!___________ Valencia(Spain)
========================================================================
The mature bohemian is one whose woman works full time.