On 03/17/10 05:18 PM, Mike Kupfer wrote:
> On 03/17/10 12:03 PM, Mark J. Nelson wrote:
>> http://cr.opensolaris.org/~mjnelson/webrev.tools/
>
> The nightly.sh changes look good to me.
>
>> I inspected the remaining
>> changes, and I don't think there's anything left to give SFW a problem.
>
> FWIW, taking a child of the SFW gate and building it is mostly painless.
>   Or at least that was my experience when I was fixing the breakage that
> I introduced into the SFW build.
> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+sfwnv/install_quickstart
> lists gotchas, though I thought there were a couple others, like don't
> build over NFS, and don't set CODEMGR_WS to a path that includes symlinks.

The last time I built SFW, I seemed to have more pain than I expected.
I think it was mostly in terms of time and resources, and doing a
bringover from sfbay to central domain.

In any event, just after approving the RTI, John realized that
exceptions.h was really just used as an inline initializer in pmodes.c,
and now it only has a single entry.  So he kind of threw up a little,
and asked me to fold it in, so I'll be running an sfw build anyway,
since the onnv-gate build no longer tests pmodes.

--Mark