Hello, I think this new rule definitely makes sense.
A clarification: I sometimes (once in a few months, usually) run interwiki.py on all Wikiquotes with various configurations (sometimes categories, sometimes -same etc.) which are not taken care of by others. These tasks are a few days long, will they be ok? If not it's not a problem for me to run them on my machine as I usually do.

This brings me to another question: not all interwiki bots are the same (although most sadly are), users run different tasks, which can be very long and could be forced to be run under the MMP, but should all be represented in it. Therefore I suggest a modification to the timeline, if you need to speed it up: 1) as soon as someone volunteers for the MMP, the MMP is created and the rule implemented (if after April 2); 2) more people can join if they run different long tasks who would not be allowed on regular accounts (perhaps you can have 2 for standard Wikipedia continuous task), and this incorporates the rule about different projects; 3) each user can run his tasks with his own bot Wikimedia account so that it's clear who's responsible of what, as possibly required by Wikimedia projects' rules (this might be unneded if only -continuous is forbidden for others?).

Inactivity removal and similar things can be sorted out later.

Nemo