Hi,

Yet another solution on the client side: Whether a connection timeout can
be configured depends on the connection pool you are using. If you are
using SharedPoolDataSource, it should be possible to tell the pool to close
unused connections after a certain period of time.  See the documentation
of the setters in
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/datasources/SharedPoolDataSource.html

All of the setters can be addressed by setting the corresponding properties
in the Torque runtime.
The setters you need should be
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/datasources/InstanceKeyDataSource.html#setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(int)
and
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/datasources/InstanceKeyDataSource.html#setMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis(int)

The corresponding properties are e.g. (replace somedb with your db name)
torque.dsfactory.somedb.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis = 10000
torque.dsfactory.somedb.pool.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis = 100000

     Thomas