Welcome Daniel!

I'm not sure how many of the TOS community are looking at K-12 education. I
can point you to some learning materials. This is a listing of learning
activities:

http://foss2serve.org/index.php/Category:Learning_Activity

You might want to look at the activities for CS Principles, CS1 and CS2.
There are other activities that are aimed at a more introductory audience.

I might also suggest contacting Rick Weinberg (@rickweinberg) and Francis
Ann Squire (@FASquire)  on Twitter as they both teach at the K-12 level and
have some wonderful ideas for learning.
Heidi Ellis