Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:31:05 -0500
From: Daniel Henry <dhe...@lfno.org>
To: tos@teachingopensource.org
Subject: [TOS] STEM education in K-12 with Open Source focus

Hello all,
I'm new to the education sector, and now in a Director of Technology role in
a small K-12 charter public school.

I see that your website has material for the undergrad and graduate level,
and I'm curious if your community has addressed how K-12 schools can
incorporate FOSS into their curriculum.  I'm interested in establishing
classes for our students in a variety of technology disciplines, to include
everything from understanding hardware (taking apart old PCs, littlebits),
robotics (beebot, Lego) to coding (Scratch, etc.).

I can imagine how open source concepts could be introduced into these
classes, but I'm looking to share ideas.

Thanks,

--
*Daniel Henry*
*Director of Technology*