Awesome! I'm really excited to see this post appear on the list at this
time.

As you know we have this concept of a 'team' (see
https://tosdr.org/about.html#contact), who are basically the list of people
within our community (including myself) who have more or less committed to
sometiimes responding to interview requests from the press, and to feeling
extra guilty about the project's current backlog. :)

We sometimes exchange emails off-list about our personal planning of who
might be able to do what, and one of those was a discussion about moving
our crippled editing app (https://edit.tosdr.org) from Meteor to Ruby on
Rails, in the hope it will be easier to find people who are willing to
maintain and develop it. We still have about 4600 euros left from the 2011
crowdfunding (see
https://github.com/tosdr/1901/blob/master/finances/finance-2017-q1.md), and
are currently rewarding ourselves with 20 euros per hour in the case of
paid ToS;DR work (so we can still do 230 hours of paid ToS;DR work before
we need to do a new crowd-funding round). We've repeatedly posted and
tweeted that we're looking for a Meteor developer who is interested in
working remotely on an awesome, important, and world-famous project, but no
luck yet - hopefully it's easier to find this person if we switch to
Ruby-on-Rails! :)

Another discussion that's relevant is setting up monthly ToS;DR meeting,
and I'm now a bit embarrassed that this discussion was initiated and kept
in a small circle of personal email addresses, instead of sharing it with
everybody on this mailing list.

Anybody, if you want to join our monthly meeting, please add your name!:)
https://framadate.org/8azN8C2rfyxdKueo Current leading proposals are next
week Tuesday or Thursday, EU evening / east-coast afternoon / west-cost
morning time.

About the scoring system and the checklist, yes, both are things I've been
playing around with:
* scoring criteria (I call them 'cases'):
https://github.com/tosdr/tosdr-build/blob/master/scripts/cases.js
* assign scores to points based on these cases:
https://github.com/tosdr/tosdr-build/blob/master/scripts/checkcases.js
* assign a class based on point scores:
https://github.com/tosdr/tosdr-build/blob/master/scripts/checkclasses.js

These are all one-off scripts that Ian and I have sometimes run on our own
laptops, but which you can't really ask random contributors to run, because
it's just too user-unfriendly, so the idea is that these processes should
all go into a hosted web app, which is what we hope someone, or someones,
will develop, but which has been embarrassingly stalled over the past
years, due to everybody having things like day jobs and other stuff to do...

Cheers,
Michiel.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tosdr/CA%2BaD3u2qPDFsA3Mdzt1mmZJiV16-2d-_JmE1onUXzryQJk1WXA%40mail.gmail.com.