Fine for me -- I'm working around this (not using Ubuntu for CI any more
and/or using/building less buggy OpenSSL releases for CI).

> if it's time to re-visit that practice of not updating through minor
openssl versions; it's risky to try.

What risks do you see? I find it much more risky _not_ to do it: You'll
retain buggy versions that are possibly also security risks: I'm
counting 24 CVEs that Ubuntu with this policy willingly does not fix --
as an Ubuntu user I wouldn't be happy.... (see
https://www.openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities-3.0.html)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  OpenSSL 3.0.2 crash in Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:

  Full bug report at https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/20981

  No upstream impact: OpenSSL 3.0.9-dev does not contain the problem any
  more.