Phil Leigh;608168 Wrote:

> IF there is an effect, it is RFI/noise getting into the Touch via
> ethernet cable. Nothing to do with TCP/IP or any of the "logical" OSI
> layers per se.

How do yo know. Done your homework?

Ever looked into TCP/IP issues and parametrization? I doubt that.

Phil Leigh;608168 Wrote:

> However, of course the noise profile is subject to change according to
> what is being sent electrically up/down the ethernet cable. I'm not
> convinced this has anything to do with operating systems.

Speculations over speculations. I can't believe that.

Phil Leigh;608168 Wrote:

> The first thing I would do is use CAT5 (unshielded) cable between
> server-router and router-Touch to avoid RF bridging. Ferrite clamps at
> both ends are also worth investigating.

That you can read since almost a year on my blog. If you'd read my
blog.
You could have learned even more about the subject and ethernet cables
in particular.

Phil Leigh;608168 Wrote:

> Or use wi-fi!!!

Enjoy your Wifi.