Hi...I'm a longtime Squeezebox user with 1 boom, 2-SB3's and 2 duets, so
I know my way around the squeezebox stuff pretty well.  My system now
consists of systems throughout my house with a dedicated network and
harddrive accessing a huge amount of flac files...all good and I've
loved it.  Here's what I don't know about.  I recently bought a small
2nd home.  I'm trying to keep it very chic & clean and I think that i
could live with a system based around powered speakers with the only
music source being mog.  2 systems in the house...one in the bedroom
another in the living room.  Wireless internet is provided by at&t
uvert system.  I thought about using Samsung tv's as the mog interface
but many complain about the apps interface.  That leads me to consider
the Touch.  I have read that there are good apps for using the ipad as
the controller, and I'll have computers that I can put any software on
if need be.  My question is whether I can do all this without having a
dedicated netbook running and attached since i won't be serving music
off a hard drive.  I've almost got the impression that maybe I don't
need to have a computer running at all, and that would be ideal.  I'd
love to just have my touch feeding my powered speakers...maybe even
wirelessly and accessing MOG through an app on the ipads to select
music and such.  I'm looking to have an absolute minimum pf
hardware...no receiver or integrated amp...no netbook if i can avoid it
and a minimum of things plugged into the wall or each other. Thanks for
any insights!!

--
a9ballkid