Thanks Triode, this gives again hope!

TEAC uses TE8802. However, I suspect, that a matching firmware is
needed, to have it even "seen" by the SBT. At least, this is my
experience. I use a TE8802-audio-gd-Digital Interface. When I have the
standard firmware (made for win and mac) flashed onto the module, and I
connect that to the Touch, the interface just does not show up as
available sound card in the EDO-list of available digital outputs. I
suspect however, that this is more a "declaratory" issue, than a really
different firmware programming.

Anyway, I will try it out as soon as I can and let you know, if it
worked, with my audio-gd, that has this "linux test firmware" flashed
onto it.

PS The TE8802-vendor does not reply anymore to my mails, even though I
have written a couple of times.

Triode wrote:
> USB test kernel #9
>
> There is a patch on the alsa development list which looks like it may be
> relavent to the Teac UD-H01 support.  It looks like this patch is
> speculative and unproven (i.e. no one has responded to the patch author
> saying it works...)  However I've applied this patch to the touch kernel
> and hosted as Usb Test Kernel #9
>
> If you have a Teac UD-H01 or other device then you may want to try it.
> It may also be worth trying for other devices using the same interface
> chip.
>
> To try:
>
> 1) Install EDO
> 2) Add my usb test repo to the additional repositories box at the bottom
> of the LMS plugins page:

Code: