diego wrote:
> Thanks Triode, this gives again hope!
>
> TEAC uses TE8802. However, I suspect, that a matching firmware is
> needed, to have it even "seen" by the SBT. At least, this is my
> experience. I use a TE8802-audio-gd-Digital Interface. When I have the
> standard firmware (made for win and mac) flashed onto the module, and I
> connect that to the Touch, the interface just does not show up as
> available sound card in the EDO-list of available digital outputs. I
> suspect however, that this is more a "declaratory" issue, than a really
> different firmware programming.
>
> Anyway, I will try it out as soon as I can and let you know, if it
> worked, with my audio-gd, that has this "linux test firmware" flashed
> onto it.
>
> PS The TE8802-vendor does not reply anymore to my mails, even though I
> have written a couple of times.

Did you look at the dmesg log - its may be that it is the same error as
the Teac - depends on who writes the firmware.  Anyway this looks to
resolve a bug which the Teac definitely suffers from as far as the alsa
list is concerned and if you are hitting the same problem may improve
it..

I'm wondering if your linux test firmware has other bugs in it for other
sample rates.  So try this with the original firmware too and look at
the dmesg for each case.