tdgruen wrote:
> Right now it's already preselected to "Default Settings", the first
> choice on the list.  Should I just play around and see?..
Yes :)

My DAC only supports low rate USB, so I haven't experimented with that
side of things, but just used Coax.   In your place I'd probably try the
larger buffer ones first, but I've no evidence of my own to base that
on.  There are other 'kernels' around for USB that I have not
investigated at all.  There is stuff somewhere on this thread about
them.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via Chromium.   Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft.