garym wrote:
> agree. and WIFI strength is only one aspect of WIFI signal. With strong
> signal, one can still have intermittant interference.  Also, it sounds
> like the user has two wifi hops in his setup (LMS is on computer that is
> wifi connected....so router > wifi > LMS computer > wifi back to router
> then wifi to TOUCH player).  As a test, wire the laptop with LMS to
> router and try to play.

My experience when the Touch was new was that it did not even streamed
24/96 FLAC over wifi reliably , it had to be tweaked a bit in it's
software to do it (they modified the software shortly after ), streaming
PCM/WAV over wifi doubles the transfer rate as does 24/192 . 24/192
PCM/WAV probably close to 4*34/96 flac .

What I say is dont expect hirez straming to work without Ethernet it's a
bonus if it does but simply domnt expect it .

Touch is a bit old design it does comply to 800.11N only G so it does
not have the new fast wifi rates .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4