speedycat wrote:
> You're not picking nits, it's valid information.
> Only you should pay special attention to chapter 5.0 about voltage
> levels: "Note: At present, TTL is considered a standard for logic
> levels. As other IC (LSI) technologies become popular, other levels will
> also be supported." And that's exactly the problem. There's no standard
> for voltage levels, some brands use 5v while others use 3.3v. Trust me,
> I've been down that road trying to connect a 3.3v I2S output signal to a
> 5v device. It didn't work.

Yes, the 3.3V vs 5V issue is annoying (and not just related to I2S), but
at least that is only two alternatives instead of many more. Remember,
"the nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
choose from". :)

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953