I routinely place devices in standby, which is "turning them off" from
the remotes. When turned on they power up instantly, since they aren't
completely physically off. On occasion I completely power off the
Transporter, having had to replace a power supply already. With the
Touch, it routinely turns itself back on for some reason, and I'll only
notice when cycling through the players on the remote control. It can be
on but with the screen black, a different condition than off but it
looks the same. The radio also turns itself on. I think it's because I
live in the country with occasional micro-outs or surges on the power
lines. Not usually enough to cause the clocks in the stove and microwave
to require re-setting, but enough to get the Touch and Radio to ON.

The computers are all on UPSs, but I've not done that for the peripheral
devices.

R.

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare