I purchased my Touch in August 2010 and it's been part of my system
since then.

It's set to show the clock when not playing music and has been left
plugged into the mains 24/7

In September 2020 I noticed the remote control receiver of the Touch was
starting to play up, often the first sign of a failing PSU, I replaced
the PSU in October, the replacement I purchased cost £8.99

So the original PSU lasted 10 years and its replacement was not very
expensive.

I can't think of any other electrical item in our house that has been
continuously plugged in and has lasted as long... Doh! yes I can... My
Squeezebox Boom, slightly longer in fact, been in service since 2009 and
still going albeit with a screen thats got some faint lines across it.

Kev