On 20/09/2016 11:09 PM, Mo wrote:

Am Freitag, 1. Juli 2016 09:50:01 UTC+2 schrieb Mo:

    I haven't seen a plugin for that, but it has been requested in
    this ticket:

        https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/8069
        <https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/8069>

    Exactly the same request. Thanks. That was years ago. Any way to
    push that a bit?

    Generally, tracking different tasks like test and documentation
    within one ticket with additional status flags will extent the
    ticket size, while adding ticket (blocking) clones for additional
    tasks would increase the ticket count. We discussed different pro
    and cons. As every feature ticket will consist of the same
    quadruple of dev/test/doc and maybe review, and usually they are
    all finished very close to the project end, we tend to add flags
    to the ticket for these subtasks.

Here is another "con". The above ticket requesting multiple users being assigned to a single ticket is not necessarily a "Good Idea". The Cc: list should suffice to include extra team members and the Owned by/developer should be one person who carries the blame when things go wrong.

Have you looked at the configurable workflow plugin?

https://www.edgewall.org/docs/tags-trac-1.0/epydoc/trac.ticket.default_workflow.ConfigurableTicketWorkflow-class.html

If you are not already using it, that would formalize the dev/test/reject|accept default process steps. Being configurable you could insert or append a review step or anything really. For example, pre-doc/spec/dev/test/final-doc/reject|accept/review

It would be better IMO to have a separate ticket for the documentation and let that proceed via the same steps as the code. Docs can have bugs too. You could then have exactly the same set of steps for both tickets ... being dev/test/reject|accept/review. Obviously you would need some sort of testing for the docs. Maybe a style-guide, language translations etc.

Mike

I was adding some ideas about such a plugin here:
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2662#comment:73
I'm not capable of creating a trac plugins yet...

I found some useful part implemented here:
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/8477
At least it is possible to have autocompletion with users on custom fields.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac Users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to trac-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:trac-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to trac-users@googlegroups.com <mailto:trac-users@googlegroups.com>.