On Nov 11, 3:08 am, Jared Rypka-Hauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yep! Helps a lot.
>
> You're already moving in the right direction... you have one-to-many
> relationships defined for the CAR-User join, which is what you need.

Ummmm, no I don't.
There isn't a single o2m relationship in my xml.

And I think this might be why I am STILL NOT GETTING IT..... ARGH....
Anyhoo.....

> You'll have getEngineeringUser() and setEngineeringUser() on the CAR
> object when you call transfer.get("car.generalCar",carID). So you can
> simply do somethign like this:
>
> <cfscript>
>         EngUser = transfer.get("people.user",userID);
>         CAR = transfer.net("car.generalCar");
>         CAR.setEngineeringUser(EngUser);
>         // set the rest of the values for CAR here...
>         transfer.save(CAR); //also could use cascadeSave() if needed
> </cfscript>
>
> I think that's about it... does that help?

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say , No.
I have looked at the sample apps and it all seems so easy.
I have reviewed the docs too.. so many times I think can't see the
forest for all the trees.

I have been "playing around" with this since your last post, a week
ago...
I know it should be so much easier than this. I'm not stupid.....
BUT....it just is not getting in there at the minute.

Gavin.