Except, both caches have failed on me with very conservative cache numbers.
It's something I'm still looking into but leak reports on some heaps have
referenced the following suspects.

ehCahce:
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy,coldfusion.runtime.VariableScope,coldfusion.runtime.CachedBufferedOutputStream
ehCache-2: coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy
CF9 cache:
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy,coldfusion.runtime.CachedBufferedOutputStream
CF9 cache-2: coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy

Hmm. Maybe I'll try to recreate with a coldbox sample app. If I can
recreate, I'll send settings and files.

- Gabriel