Aaron,

I would caution you against renaming your application to restart it.
While you do get a new application that way, the old one is still
taking up space in memory.

If you are using built-in Transfer support in ColdBox, "reiniting"
your app will automatically recreate transfer as part of the process.
"Reiniting" is the proper way to "restart" the app:

http://wiki.coldbox.org/wiki/URLActions.cfm

- Gabriel