Hello,

Na Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 08:02:55AM +0200, Christian Perrier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
pisal(a):
> In short, distributed VCS does not help localization at all, it even
> makes it much more complicated.....but we have to live with it because
> developers love it.

hehe, yes :)

but in fact in most projects, there is a tree that is used for releases.
ie the project leader's tree is technically not different to any other
tree, but from the users' POV, there are only official releases and they
do not care about scms at all. so there is always one tree that can
serve as a source for pootle

i'm not 100% sure if it's the right method we use, but it works:

1) we run 'make pot && scp pot pootle_server: && ssh pootle_server
msgmerge' on the repo server in the 'official repo' from cron daily

2) then http://pootle_server/xx will show the translators what projects
are outdated

3) pootle can commit only to a separate repo, and the po files are
pulled from that repo when making the release tarballs for the given
project

one important thing: you should deny developers pushing translations
directly to the translations repo, but except this small problem, it
seem to work fine here :)

- VMiklos